OnTheMenu is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
OnTheMenu may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st August 2011.
What we may collect
- Email address
- Date of birth
- Information relevant to a booking
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- Provision of our restaurant booking service. We may contact you by phone, email, SMS or Social Networking
- We will share your contact information including at least name, phone number and email address with restaurants at which you create a booking in order to faciliate the booking process
- Where you explicity agree we will notify restaurants at which you have booked that you agree for your details to be added to their marketing database. This means you may receive emails or other marketing information directly from the restaurant
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emailsabout new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax, mail, SMS, MMS or Social Networking
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
To provide you with a better service OnTheMenu has implemented an optional integration with Facebook. Should you agree to this you will grant Facebook access privileges to OnTheMenu including the following:
- Access your basic information including name, profile picture, gender, networks, user ID, list of friends, and any other information you have shared with everyone
- Allows OnTheMenu to contact you via the email address you have registered with Facebook
- Allows OnTheMenu to post to your wall however we will never do this without your explicit permission
- Allows OnTheMenu to create and RSVP to events on your behalf however we will never do this without your explicit permission
- Access my profile information: About Me, Birthday and Facebook Status
You can create or revoke Facebook access privileges at any time via your OnTheMenu Control Panel.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
You hereby acknowledge that OnTheMenu is not responsible for any intercepted information sent via the Internet, and you hereby release us from any and all claims arising out of or related to the use of intercepted information in any unauthorised manner.
OnTheMenu shall not be responsible or liable for any loss of privacy, disclosure or information, harm, damage or loss that may result from your transmission or any information to us in any connection with this website.
When you visit a website with cookie capabilities, its server sends certain information about you to your browser which is stored on your hard drive as a text file. At some later time (such as returning to the site the next day), the server retrieves the cookie. It’s a way for the server to remember things about you.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes you may change your mind at any time by contacting us. If you would like to unsubscribe from email communication please use the unsubscribe link provided on every email or via your OnTheMenu Control Panel. Note: You cannot opt-out of OnTheMenu administrative and booking related emails as they are necessary for the function of the booking service.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so, except where explicitly noted in this Policy.
We do not distribute, rent or sell any of your personal information however OnTheMenu may share non-personal, non-individual information to our partners in aggregate form for research analysis.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.